I tried installing Ubuntu 16.04 on my Lenovo X1 Carbon. It’s interesting how hard it was to install Linux on this machine.
- Not possible! I spent several frustrating hours trying it out. Looks like the option to boot from a USB stick is not there in the BIOS.
- The Ubuntu installation guide does mention that there might be issues installing from USB stick.
- Took me back to my days at Cisco, doing all the gory networking stuff.
- This is the next thing I tried out, and I spent countless hours on it!
- https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation#Server and network installations