The other day I was discussing about how to have a gentle introduction to the Scala language. Here is what I prescribe ..
- [Paper] An Overview of the Scala Programming Language
- [Doc] Brief Scala Tutorial.
- [Doc] Scala by Example by Martin Odersky
- [Book – Beginner] Atomic Scala
- [Book – Beginner] Scala for the Impatient
- [Code Online] Scala Tutorials
- [Code Online] Scala Exercises
- [Online Tutorial] https://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/scala/
- [Online Tutorial] Official Documentation
- [Online Tutorial] Twitter’s Scala School
- [Online Tutorial] https://www.tutorialspoint.com/scala/
- [Course] Functional Programming Principles in Scala by Martin Odersky
- [Book – Intermediate] Programming in Scala by Martin Odersky, Lex Spoon, and Bill Venners
- [Tutorial] Official Guide and Overview
- [Book – Intermediate] Programming Scala – by Alex Payne and Dean Wampler
- [Book – Intermediate] Functional Programming in Scala – by Paul Chiusano and Rúnar Bjarnason
- [Book – Intermediate] Scala in Depth – by Joshua D. Suereth
- [Book – Intermediate] Scala Puzzlers – Available Now by Andrew Phillips and Nermin Šerifović
Am trying to understand how to go about exporting my blog from WordPress.com to Jekyll.
My goal is to then host it on GitHub pages under my user credentials.
- the above two were quite useful in understanding whats going on
Jekyll has a very short ‘getting started’ guide:
Apparently that’s all that’s needed.
However, my experience on Ubuntu 16.04 was more intense than this.
I kept hitting the following [issue](http://askubuntu.com/questions/793381/cant-install-rails-on-ubuntu-16-04)
Was almost about to give up on this thing before finding the links
- It was interesting to see the role of Zookeeper in this diagram of the Hadoop Ecosystem.
There was a discussion that came up the other day about L1 v/s L2, Lasso v/s Ridge etc.
- Whats the difference between L1 and L2 loss function
- Whats the difference between L1 and L2 regularizers
- Whats the difference between Lasso and Ridge
- [Differences between L1 and L2 as Loss Function and Regularization](http://www.chioka.in/differences-between-l1-and-l2-as-loss-function-and-regularization/)
- Good read
- Good read